Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Pleasant Surprises from YouTube

YouTube is not an unfamiliar name to me. As a matter of fact, it had been recommended by friends for a very long time. I was never curious enough though to sign up and explore until this morning.

I was a little frustrated at the mere stage of signing up. User name, for instance, did not please YouTube. It complained time and again that my various login names had been taken. Finally I had to use my real name. Once in, I was disappointed at pages of FEATURED VIDEOS. For some reason, they failed to strike a chord with me. It was not until I flipped through all 5 pages and saw Origami Animation video by nariomaru. From there I was further pleasantly surprised by video clips of funny cats.

Also from there, I was met with another pleasant surprise. In less than 5 minutes, Victor, one of our three capable tutors, kindly showed me how to use Embed, how to post a favorite video in my blog and how to conduct a search in YouTube. He also cautioned me about the limit of video time duration after his and Jessica's video posting experience in YouTube.

With Victor's help, I was able to experiment with one video per posting. To push the envelope, I managed to cluster a group of four videos (or more) per posting by including all those talking cats.





No comments:

My Blog Archive