Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Determined to Have a Fabulous Christmas

We had a rough start this Christmas. Since midnight, Mom had been so uncooperative at her care facility, that my sister had to be called in early Christmas morning to talk her out. My sister-in-law had a severe car accident last night, probably due to her distraction over my brother's imminent appointment of VP at a giant PC company in PRC, starting January 2, 2013.

But the depressive atmosphere did not enclose us for too long. We were all determined to have a fabulous Christmas with our kids and Lew.  Our hot sweet potato soup, mashed potatoes, and Lew's deliciously glazed ham finally brought out our high spirits. With bubbling sparkling cider, we chatted late into the night, even though the rain prevented us from taking our Christmas walk. My sister's late call was icing on the cake: Mom had a great night out with her family after all!

No comments:

My Blog Archive