Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Rediscover Stitch 'n bitch : the Knitter's Handbook

It has been exactly a decade since I purchased Stitch 'n bitch : the knitter's handbook for the collection of Applied Arts at SCPL. Being a selector, I was too busy buying and weeding books to enjoy Deborah Stoller's true talents.

It was not to happen until a couple of months ago, when my expectant great niece was looking for someone to knit Big Bad Baby Blanket for her new baby. Since I am a knitter of some sort in the family, I was awarded the glory. The recommended web site offered free advice on yarn selections, but not the knitting pattern which was copyrighted by Stitch 'n bitch : the knitter's handbook. Thus I was forced to be personally encountered with the book. Needless to say, the blanket was well received later by my grateful great niece.

My latest encounter was Cat bed in Miscellaneous section. I always wanted to give Chippy a bed, but nothing really took my fancy until I saw Princess Snowball Cat Bed. After assembling the bed this afternoon, I put Chippy next to it. Without any coaxing, or catnip, she sniffed it twice and immediately climbed into her new bed and slept from early evening through night.

I am truly glad that our library has 6 titles by Deborah Stoller, which is a great resource for serious as well as weekend knitters. Unlike other knitting/crocheting books skimping with instructions, her selections are excellent and classic, peppered with good and timely advice before readers have any doubts or questions.



No comments:

My Blog Archive