Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Our 40-Year Reunion at Le Royal Méridien Shanghai

On the evening of 16 May 2015, Fudan Foreign Language Training Class of 1978-3 (复旦大学外语培训班78届3班) had a four-hour long reunion dinner and gathering at Le Royal Méridien Shanghai. It was a sit-down meeting to concentrate on three agendas: 1) Recollecting our years in 1975-1978; 2) Clarifying past misunderstandings; and 3) Showcasing our personal achievements in those 40 years.


In general, I agreed with my 21 classmates' conclusion that the experience from the Language Training Class was positive, which has become the source of our tenacity and persistence in our lives and work. From the photo above one can see that the reunion tended to be on the serious side, especially with a couple of people complaining about the wrongs they had endured all those decades. Some classmates spent nearly half the gathering's duration enumerating their personal and professional success.

Despite all of this. Paul and I had a great time, reconnecting with my classmates, and roommates. It is one of my three reunions in Shanghai in May 2015.

No comments:

My Blog Archive